This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Linking events to existing FogBugz cases

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM

StackHash can create a FogBuz case, but is there any way to link an event to a case that already exists?

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM

What would the criteria be for linking? A case that was already created for the WinQual bucket?

You could modify the plugin to search for a matching case and append to this rather than creating a new one.

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Sometimes we find a WinQual event for which we already have an open FogBugz case. For these we just wanted to link the event to the existing case, not create a new one.

But it's subseqently become sort of moot. I was under the impression that the link between StackHash and FB was stronger, e.g., that we could navigate to the bug in FogBugz from the event in StackHash. This doesn't seem to be the case; as far as I can tell, stackHash can create a case and that's about the extent of it. So unless I've missed something, there's actually not much point in creating the link as I'd envisioned, since it wouldn't really do anything useful.

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2011 at 1:49 AM

You can open the FogBugz case from StackHash. Right-click the event and it will be an option under the context menu.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:23 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Doesn't seem to work on my copy. It shows "Send event to plugin" (which has already been done--the Bugz Id shows in the Plugin Reference field), but no option to open the FogBugz case.