This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

WinQual Logon Failed - StackHash

Sep 12, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Edited Sep 12, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Hi,

Everytime I am trying to log into Winqual using StackHash, it fails with the error meassage even if I have Windows live sign in assistance along with windows Live essential  is installed. I don't use any proxy for internet connect.  Could anybody help me here to figure this out ? Thanks in advance. The error message is pasted below. 

!StackHash.AdminReportException
Message: StackHashBusinessObjects.StackHashException: Windows LiveID distributable component is missing. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'wlidcli.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Microsoft.Whos.Shared.Client.LiveID.ManagedIDCRL.Native.InitializeEx(Guid& AppGuid, Int32 PpcrlVersion, UInt32 Flags, IDCRL_OPTION[] pOptions, UInt32 dwOptions)
   at Microsoft.Whos.Shared.Client.LiveID.ManagedIDCRL.InitializeEx(Guid& appGuid, Int32 ppcrlVersion, UInt32 updateFlags, Initialize_Options[] initOptions)
   at Microsoft.Whos.Shared.Client.LiveID.LiveIdAuthentication.InitializeIDCRL(String environment, Guid hostApplicationGuid)
   at WinQualAtomFeed.Utility.GetLiveIdAuth()
   at WinQualAtomFeed.LogOnLiveId.initialiseLiveClient(String username, String password)
   at WinQualAtomFeed.LogOnLiveId.LogIn(String username, String password)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at WinQualAtomFeed.LogOnLiveId.LogIn(String username, String password)
   at WinQualAtomFeed.AtomFeed.Login(String userName, String password)
   at StackHashWinQual.WinQualAtomFeedServices.LogOn(String userName, String password)
   at StackHashTasks.WinQualLogOnTask.EntryPoint()
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
InnerException:
TargetSite:
StackTrace:
HelpLink:
Source:

StackHash 1.30.20011.2
Command Line: "C:\Program Files\StackHash\StackHash.exe"
Current Directory: C:\Program Files\StackHash
Framework: 4.0.30319.237
Machine Name: 6974C877D
x64: False
Processors: 2
Current Culture: fi-FI
Current UI Culture (for current thread): en-US
Administrator: True

Service Error Code: WindowsLiveClientMissing

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Hi,

XP isn't supported for the Windows Live Sign-In assistant. You need Vista, 7 or 2008. Note this only applies to the StackHash service. You can run the client on XP SP3 and up.

Rob

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Thanks. It's works now.

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Hello,

I still have the same error on my Windows 7 x64.

I tried to install Windows Live Sign-in Assistant from the link you provided in StackHash program (http://goo.gl/zPJFf) but the link didn't work, so I installed Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15106

With Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 I still get the same error that wlidcli.dll could not be found.

After some investigation I found that there is no wlidcli.dll in Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5, but there is another DLL - msidcrl40.dll, which seems to have the right set of functions that Microsoft.Whos.Shared.Client.LiveID.LiveId.dll tries to reference from wlidcli.dll.

So it seems that Microsoft has changed the DLL name, but I could not find any old version of Windows Live Sign-in Assistant or new version of Microsoft.Whos.Shared.Client.LiveID.LiveId.dll to resolve this issue.

Could you help me with that?

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Can you try installing this one: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26686

Let me know if this fixed the problem. Sorry for the slow reply.

Nov 21, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Thank you very much!

This one really fixes the problem.

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:16 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.