This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Sync time estimates

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I installed StackHash yesterday for the first time. I'm loving it!  I have a question about sync time though. I have 10 products registered and I have about 60 events in Winqual. The sync has been running for 24 hours and isn't finished. I am not downloading any dumps right now. I just wanted to sync the events to start with so I can show the product to our dev team.   I'm running a Windows 7 VM dedicated to be a StackHash server. Windows 2008R2 sql server is installed locally. It is a single proc with 4 gig of ram.  Cpu use stays at 1-3% with occasional spikes to 15-20%. Memory is also not being taxed and the adapter shows almost no bandwidth use. We are on a high bandwidth connection.  Even products with no events take hours to sync.   I know help says it will take a while but is that normal? Any feedback on typical sync times and what I might have configured wrong is appreciated.

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2011 at 2:10 AM

That's unusually slow. Possibly the WinQual site is slow or there are lots of errors (and therefore retries). You can switch on the service log and see if anything unusual is being reported (under Tools -> Service Options). I'd just leave it running, or wait a day or two and try again.